The 2012 Coffees of the Year
If you're a coffee lover, chances are you've asked yourself, "what's the best coffee in the world?" You've probably also wondered, "how do I get my hands on some?" Luckily, we can answer both questions for you! The Roasters' Guild, along with the Specialty Coffee Association of America, tried 250 coffee samples from over two dozen countries to determine the 10 best coffees in the world for 2012. Here are the results:
- 88.41 – Oromia Cooperative, Oromia Region, Ethiopia
- 88.25 – Cerro Azul, Trujillo, Colombia
- 87.74 – Las Margaritas, Calcedonia, Colombia
- 87.28 – Gedeo Zone, YCFCU, South Region, Ethiopia
- 87.00 – Cielito Lindo, Santa Barbara, Honduras
- 86.94 – Will and Grace; Rising Sun Farms, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.
- 86.75 – Granja La Esperanza, Valle Del Cauca, Colombia
- 86.59 – Finca Buenavista, San Agustin, Huila, Colombia
- 86.47 – Rusty’s Hawaiian, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.
- 86.41 – Ali’i Hawaiian Hula Hands Coffee, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.