Cozy Fall Coffee Hacks That Aren't Pumpkin Spice
Fall is here but you don't want pumpkin spice? Try these autumn-inspired ways to liven up your coffee this season.
Fall is the swing season between the hot days of summer and the cold days of winter. As such, the beginning of fall is always a hodge-podge of temperatures. Some days it's chilly enough for a sweater and boots, while on others you're wishing you could wear your bathing suit and flip-flops. On those warmer days, keep cool while still enjoying the flavor of fall.
Prepare ahead and make a pot of your favorite fall-flavored coffee. After brewing, let the coffee cool, then pour it into ice cube trays. Freeze your autumn flavors into tasty ice cubes you can add to your iced coffee. As the cubes melt, the flavor will subtly mingle with your coffee, adding a bit of the season to your day while helping you keep cool. And, as a bonus, your coffee doesn't taste watered down!
Sweeten the Deal
Looking for another way to add a little sweetness to your coffee while adding some fall flair at the same time? Try maple syrup! This all-natural sweetener is a tasty way to add extra flavor to your morning cup.
Trade out your regular white sugar for brown sugar. It's surprising how such a little change can make such a big difference to the taste of your morning cup of joe.
Spice Things Up
Add a little fall spice to your coffee with these choices:
- Cinnamon - there are so many ways to include cinnamon in your coffee. The simplest is to sprinkle a little of the spice on your coffee grounds just before brewing. Not only will your entire pot of coffee be perfectly flavored, but your kitchen will also smell amazing.
- Nutmeg - the quintessential taste of fall. Nutmeg sprinkled in your coffee or on top of your latte foam gives you that little rush of the season.
- Cardamom - this surprising spice will entice your taste buds and awaken your senses. Add it to your after-dinner coffee as a digestive aid and get even more bang for your buck.
- Cloves - a delicious addition to a strong morning cup of coffee, clove is sure to make you sit up and notice. A little bit of cloves can go a long way, so add sparingly until you get the flavor you desire.
- Masala - tastes like Thanksgiving in a cup. Yes, the same spice used for that delicious chai tastes pretty darn good in coffee, too!
- Apple Pie Spice - if cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom give your apple pie the perfect fall flavor, they can surely do the same for your coffee.
- Vanilla - keep it simple with a dash of vanilla in your coffee. Or combine it with some of the other spices for your own unique take on fall flavor.
For the Chocolate Lovers
Just because you love chocolate doesn't mean you can't enjoy fall flavors as well. Add your favorite chocolaty treat to your coffee with a dash of cocoa. Go nuts and make a simple syrup with your favorite chocolate-hazelnut spread to add to your cup.
Make your morning coffee super special by mixing it half and half with Mexican hot chocolate. You'll never think of hot chocolate the same way ever again.
Lighten up your chocolate coffee with white chocolate instead.
Keep it Simple
Let CoffeeAM make enjoying your fall coffee easy. Visit our Fall Coffees page and choose flavors like Salted Caramel and Vermont Maple Pecan. We also have Pumpkin Spice! And for our non-flavored coffee lovers, you can choose cozy single-origins like our Brazil Cerrado and Hawaiian Kona.
How do you celebrate fall? Share with us in the comments below or over on Facebook! Happy Fall, y'all!