Coffee Characteristics & Roast Profiles
Characteristics of flavor greatly depend on the coffee bean; not only does it matter where the coffee beans are grown, at what elevation, the varietal of coffee tree, or how they are processed and dried, it also depends upon the roast applied to them.
Every single step of coffee cultivation can drastically change the flavor of the bean. The farmers, the soils, and even the weather have contributed to the natural and unique taste each bean carries. By the time our Roastmaster receives the raw coffee beans, they have already gained character and other flavors. We have created a chart to help you decide which coffee or coffees are right for you.
- Brazil 'Moreninha Formosa'
- Brazil Santos
- Colombia Supremo
- Ethiopia Yirgacheffe
- Hawaiian Ka'u
- Hawaiian Kona 'Volcanic Estate'
- Honduras 'Silver Hills'
- India Mysore 'Gold Nugget'
- Jamaica Blue Mountain Estate
- Kopi Luwak
- Panama Honey-Prep
- Decaf Colombia Supremo 'La Valle Verde'
- Organic Bolivia 'Colonial Caranavi'
- Organic Colombia 'Mesa de los Santos'
- Organic Ethiopia Sidamo FT
- Organic Galapagos Island Estate
- Bali 'Paradise Valley'
- Hawaii Maui Mokka
- India Malabar 'Monsooned Voyage'
- Java 'Dutch Estate'
- Papua New Guinea
- Sumatra Dark Roast 'Black Satin'
- Sumatra Mandheling
- Yemen 'Arabian Mocca'
- Decaf Sumatra Mandheling
- Organic Decaf 'Swiss Water' Peru FT
- Organic Dominican Republic 'Santo Domingo' FT
- Organic Peru 'Andes Gold'
- Organic Sulawesi 'Port Icewik' FT
- Sumatra 'Gayo Mountain' Organic
- Organic Sumatra 'Black Satin' FT
LIGHT | MEDIUM LIGHT | MEDIUM | MEDIUM DARK | DARK
Not every coffee is roasted on the same level. We find the perfect roast profile for each gourmet coffee, and we small-batch roast to ensure even roasting. You'll find that each coffee emits exceptional flavor and aroma, and all of our coffees are discernible from the other products within the common market.
Our way of roasting not only brings forth the natural flavors and oils from within the beans, but it will also add essences ranging from a light cinnamon to a bittersweet, caramel, or even smoky flavor. The roasting process is what separates good coffee from the extraordinary. Our Roastmaster is experienced and passionate about coffee; it is his job to celebrate the unique attributes of each gourmet coffee by creating the perfect roasting recipe and maintaining a consistent roast.
Use the guide above to find the roast which suites your tastes, whether it be light roast, dark roast, or anything in between.