Red Hot Merry Berry
A little more work...a LOT more reward! This recipe is for those who love to serve something unexpected. Tangy and sweet, warm yet refreshing, you've never made anything like this before! Say farewell to the ordinary holiday beverages, this one is red hot and ready to make a splash!
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water and cranberries to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop.
- Drain and reserve liquid and cranberries.
- In a large pot, combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup red hots, 3 tablespoons Monin Lemon Syrup, cranberry liquid and pulp and remaining water.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar and candies are dissolved.
- Strain liquid through a fine sieve or cheesecloth and pour into individual glasses.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and cinnamon sticks.